Kodomochounaikai: playing, learning, connecting through design *We will close the exhibition from July 31 to September 30
2021.4.3 (Sat.) -
Photo: IKEDA Hiraku
- Period :
- 2021.4.3 (Sat.) - 2022.3.21 (Mon.)
10:00 - 18:00 (until 20:00 on Fridays and Saturdays)
- Venue :
- Design Gallery / 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa
- For More Information：
- 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa
- Temporarily closed
- In accordance with COVID-19 quasi-emergency measures extended by Ishikawa Prefecture and Kanazawa City’s directives, and in order to prevent further spread of the COVID-19, we will temporarily close an exhibition “Kodomochounaikai: playing, learning, connecting through design” from July 31 (Sat) to September 30 (Thu). Any updates regarding this tentative plan will be announced through the Museum website and twitter.
Kodomochounaikai Jimukyoku, established in 2014 by architect Shikichi Kaori, is an organization that assembles and runs workshop programs to cultivate the intelligence and sensitivity that enable children to identify issues and solve problems creatively, through design. Kodomochounaikai Jimukyoku provides supervision and support for the activities of children's design teams called called “Kodomochounaikai.” The design activities of these “Kodomochounaikai” ultimately coalesce in the form of a “festival” that connects them to the local community. The children who design the festival get to engage with many other children and, families, and local residents enjoying the festival, and interact with the many friendly adults providing support and watching overseeing their activities. Kodomochounaikai program festivals become places for children to experience a successful realization of ideas, and be part of society. As well as providing an overview of Kodomochounaikai activities since 2014, in a Kanazawa edition of the program, visitors to this exhibition will have the chance to experience the process of design education with children and local residents, and explore the possibilities of design, in the lead-up to a Kodomochounaikai “festival” in Kanazawa.
- Organized by：
- 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa (Kanazawa Art Promotion and Development Foundation)
- Supported by：
- FUJIFILM Imaging Systems Co., Ltd.
- In Cooperation with：
- Nakagawa Chemical Co.,Ltd